Topps Wacky Packages 4th Series 1973
- Topps was releasing series in rapid succession. The first series came out in early Spring 1973, the 4th series was probably released sometime in the summer of the same year.
- Packs contain two stickers, a checklist, and one piece of gum.
- There are 32 different cards, which includes two substitutions (see below for details).
- Amazingly there are six different copyrights in this series.
- This is the first series where they did not use different backs. All stickers are tan backs.
- As in the 2nd and 3rd series, certain titles had to be pulled midway through production. This is the first time, however, that the titles that were pulled were replaced with new titles. The pulled titles are Bum Chex and Choke Wagon, the two replacements are Windhex and Mess Clairoil.
- Replacement checklists were produced as well. This was probably done because of how early those stickers needed to be pulled.
- Bum Chex and Choke Wagon are fairly tough to find, sometimes selling for over $100. The checklists are not quite as tough however since they pulled the stickers quite a while before they replaced the titles.
- There is a sheet without Bum Chex, Choke Wagon, Windhex, or Mess Caliroil. This is the sheet coded 4-454-05-02-3. The "02" indicates that it is the second version of the sheet. When Bum Chex and Choke Wagon were pulled they printed these sheets without replacement for a while. During this period the checklists still had Bum Chex and Choke Wagon on them, making it possible to open a whole box and not complete the set according to the checklist.
- Vote for your favorite 4th Series stickers
Hyde's Rox Cookies
Hipton Tea Bags
Armor Hot Dogs
Blue Beanie Margarine
Quake 'n Ache
Land O Quakes Butter
Escuire Foot Polish