- In 1981 Topps started thinking about releasing a special series of Wacky Packages just for the UK. As a result they produced this run of stickers to test the market.
- A full fledged Irish Series was ultimately released, but not until 1985.
- The stickers are regular sized with die-cuts, as opposed to the smaller (2 1/8 x 3 inches) and non-die-cut stickers of the final Irish Series released in 1985.
- The series consists of 33 titles.
- The checklist is on the back of Crust and the back of Muleburro.
- 17 titles were taken from the original 1-16 series.
- 16 completely new titles appear in this series (the first 16 on the checklist).
- Packs have two stickers, and a piece of gum.
- The box is some sort of recycle job, the inside depicts a scene from the motion picture The Black Hole. The outside of the box is plain white. Inside is a piece of cardboard so that the packs fit snug.